Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Fun Day

Caleb is out of school this week, so yesterday I decided it was time for us to go out and use the gift cards that mi, kris, and dev gave the kids for Christmas! Caleb had been planning for weeks what he was going to get. We spent a good hour and a half (at least) shopping at Target trying to find the "perfect thing."


We finally ended up with a Princess sticker/activity book,



all 4 Superman movies,


and Lego's!

(Annabelle just couldn't decide, so she is taking some time to think about it). Our next stop was Chik-fil-A where the kids could get "whatever they wanted" yes, that means ice cream too. I didn't have my camera with us, but I wish you could see the delight in their faces! "Lucy! You can get a toy! We NEVER get a toy at a restaurant!" says Caleb. Then they got to play at the indoor playplace as long as their little bodies could stand it. After being out all afternoon, the kids were exhausted. Lucy and James fell asleep in the car! It was so nice to have something "out of the ordinary" to do with the kids. Thanks you guys!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day! Yippee! I can post a comment. :)

michelle said...

yay! fun times!

Kris said...

So fun... glad they and you had a blast... I should have sent you a gift card... maybe there was some leftover to buy u lunch! I'm glad to be able to post comments as well!