Monday, October 5, 2009

Savannah, GA

We started out our visit to Savannah by eating the yummiest pizza; then walked along the waterfront and sampled pralines in candy shops; went on an evening ghost tour (dark photo); ate a tasty lunch buffet at Lady and Sons restaurant (Paula Deen from Food Network and sons); strolled t he street while admiring not only the homes but all the immaculate and manicured side-yards and gardens; Mack/dad found "his" middle name non-existing (except for the sign) town square; took the grand kids on a horse-drawn carriage ride.
Tybee Island
Tybee Island vacation beach rental house and walkway from the house to the beach; loving snuggles from Annabelle for Grandpa; Tybee Island lighthouse (me wearing dorky hat everywhere we went); delicious food eaten at a crab shack: crab asparagus salad and fish taco; random photos of fun at the beach; inside photo of second place we stayed at due to no air-conditioning in first rental; Lucy hiding out from everyone on the way back from combing the beach for seashells.
Charleston, SC

Charleston S.C. --- quaint little cemetery; walking tour of the charming streets of Charleston with Melanie as our awesome guide; admiring the beautiful mansions; walking on the oldest and longest cobblestone street in the U.S.; boat ride to Fort Sumpter (Civil War battle sight); Mack standing by actual cannon which was used in the Civil War; angel Annabelle taking a nap on pile of pillows after a long day; loving grandchildren; Mack and I had a yummy lunch at Hominy Grill where Mack had shrimp and grits and I had what's called the big nasty (a chicken, biscuit, and gravy sandwich -no photo) and divine chocolate pudding; Mack/dad and I toured the Aiken-Rhett home; bridge and white heron at Magnolia Plantation; the Drayton-Hall Plantation home which we also toured. All in all we had a wonderful time with the Jorgensen family!!! Thanks for the memories!!!

5 comments:

Kris said...

I think I am ready for Tybee island!!! Ahh... the thought of a nice warm beach right now sounds amazing. So many great pics. I loved Charleston the best I think. Savannah sure did give my sugar fix though. I wish I were there! REUNION TIME!!! Lets plan something coolio.

Bryce said...

Great pics and great descriptions! It was GREAT being on vacation with Mom and Dad. It wouldn't have been as fun without you/them. Thanks for the good times and great memories. Did we ever exchange pictures?

Melanie said...

i want your pictures!! you have so many more than what we got. i think i put ours on a web album for you. i will check that out right now! great collages!! love it love it.

michelle said...

mel I just noticed the purse you were carrying in SAV....nice.

Unknown said...

Love your photo collages. Looks like such a fun trip! Hope you all (or should I say y'all?) enjoyed the pralines.